CBI ExCom meets online
CBI Executive Committee had an online meeting on the 11th of April at 13:00 (CET Time) and decided to postpone World Juniors Championship to 2021.
The online executive committee meeting started on time at 13:00 CET time as it was planned.
Decisions taken in the meeting:
1- CBI calendar
- World Juniors Championship is postponed to 2021.
- For international tournaments and Continental Qualifications (Africa & Asia & America), the CBI will examine the situation and decide in mid-June.
- The possibility of a joint World Championship with FIB will be evaluated.
- The CBI ExCom fully supports the unity of the global bowls sports movement including Lawn Bowls.
- The CBI ExCom fully supports CMSB President Frederic RUIS to prepare the statute of the new confederation which would substitute CMSB.
3- Financial issues (membership fees, tournament payments, etc.)
- All the countries should pay their fees owed from 2019 (with an additional 20% penalty fee).
- The amount of membership fee for 2020 & 2021 years will be reduced by 50%. Those who already paid for 2020 won’t pay for 2021. (decided with a majority)
- The CBI ExCom will focus on creating alternative financial sources through marketing, sponsorships, and projects.
4- Policy Development
- Dr. Giorgio Barone, head of anti-doping and medical committee is appointed to establish a working group to develop policy papers, bylaws, and other required papers for good governance purposes and international lobbying.
5- Multi-Sport Games
- World Games and Mediterranean Games postponed to 2022. The ExCom will see the possibility to be included in World Games. The necessary number of participants will be secured for Mediterranean Games.
- Raffa will be inside TAFISA World Games 2020 and Islamic Solidarity Games 2021. There is still no update about the postponement of both events. ExCom will re-evaluate after receiving an update.
- Raffa will be inside the South American Games 2022 and African Games 2023.
6- EU Projects
- CBI is registered under the ECAS system for EU Projects and will apply for two separate projects in Erasmus+ Program in April term. CBI also stays open to be a partner for other institutions’ and countries’ project proposals which would promote Bocce.
7- Online Education
- CBI will establish an online education platform with the support of the Italian Federation in order to continue educating athletes, coaches, and referees during the pandemic process.
The members present for the meeting:
Mutlu TURKMEN – President
Moreno ROSATI – Deputy President
Alberto H. LIMARDO – Vice President
M. Yacine KAFI – Secretary General
Danny PASSAGLIA – Treasurer
Raymond CHER – Member
Claudio KNECHT – Member
Natalia LELE – Member
Jasem MANOUCHEHRI -Member
Dino AMADO – Head of Technical Committee
Presented his opinions in advance:
Denis PERSIC – Member
Mohamed Amine MAIDI- Member
Philippe COQUET – Member
Maurizio MULARONI – Member