>> CBI Statute 2022 ENG (PDF) - Effective from the 3rd of November 2022.
>> Statuto CBI 2022 IT (PDF) - Presto sarà tradotto e pubblicato.
>> Statute CBI ENG (PDF) (Expired on the 3rd of November 2022.)
>> Statuto CBI (PDF) (Scaduto il 3 novembre 2022.)
This statute expired by the 3rd of November 2022!!!
Article no. 1
The international association ruled by the present statute is called
INTERNATIONAL BOWL CONFEDERATION (CBI - World Bowls) punto raffa volo.
It was born thanks to the union and the joining will of all the following National Federations: Argentina, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Paraguay, Peru, San Marino, United States, Switzerland and Uruguay.
It is part of the Confédération Mondiale des Sports de Boules, recognized by the International Olympic Committee.
- Its purpose is to encourage and to expand the international amateur sport activity among the National Federations that are affiliated and active in the field of the synthetic bowl game, on smooth and marked off ground, played with the system punto, raffa, volo.
- It will do it’s best to reach the unification of the several game regulations in force in each country.
- It achieve its main purposes by:
- an uniform game regulation to enforce in all international matches organized or controlled by the CBI and that it is an integral part of the present statute;
- the contest of international matches and competition;
- the organization of international championships;
- the organization of an activity that recognizes the sport of bowls with the system punto, raffa, volo, with synthetic bowls, on smoothed and delimited grounds, as Olympic sport.
Article no. 2
The International Bowl Confederation is apolitical and undenominational.
Article no. 3
The International Bowl Confederation has its base in a city of a State where an affiliated federation is present, at the moment it is to CHIASSO, SWITZERLAND.
Coat of arms and hymn
The International Bowl Federation has its own official identification coat of arms and its own official hymn.
Article no. 4
National Federations that want to carry out international activities in the system punto-raffa-volo, with synthetic bowls, on smoothed and delimited grounds, they
must be affiliated to the CBI, according to the procedures that will be set up in the Organic Laws.
Article no. 5
The Bodies of the International Bowl Confederation are:
- The International Congress (IC)
- The Executive Council (EC)
- The President (PR)
- The Deputy President (DP)
- The Board Meeting (BM)
- The General Secretary (GS)
- The Auditor College (AC)
Article no. 6
International Congress (IC)
- The IC is the supreme body of the CBI. It deliberates all the actions that assure the full functionality of the CBI.
It has all the deliberative and judicial expertise that are not expressly reserved to other bodies.
In particular its competence includes:
- The appointment of the CBI’s Bodies except for the Board Meeting and the Members of Honour;
- The decision of the annual membership shares of the single member federation;
- The approval of the President’s report and the technical and referee’s report;
- The approval of budgets;
- The adoption of all measures towards bodies and executives that violate the statutory duties, regulations and sportive and executive ethic, that are not particularly given to others bodies;
- The modification of the present Statute;
- The decision, in degree appeal, the requests of affiliation denied by the EC.
- It is composed by one representative (usually the President) of each National Federation affiliated with deliberated entitlement to vote.
- If more national federations are joined among them to an intermediated Association recognized by the CBI, they might be represented by a Delegate with entitlement to vote of that association. But this delegate must express, through its vote, the will of each Federation – that take part of this Association
- and that are represented by someone.
Each National Federation may represent another Federation only, if there’s no the case expected by the former paragraph.
- The IC may deliberate if there are the half plus one of the affiliated National Federations.
- The delegate’s members to IC must be designated by the executives Bodies of each affiliated National Federation.
- The IC must be convened by the EC one time every four year, at least.
- Under the request of 1/3 of the National Federation affiliated at least, the EC provide for the convocation of an extraordinary Congress.
- The IC decides with simple majority of the presents votes, excepted for the different ordering of the statutory rules.
Article no. 7
Executive Council (EC)
1. The EC is the govern of the International Bowl Confederation. It directs all the affairs of the CBI and it represents the CBI in every circumstance.
It assist all the Statutory bodies, it is responsible for its working and it respond of its work.
In particular it is competent of:
- all the executive impeding of general politics of the CMSB;
- set the application regulations of the decisions of the IC and those connected with the execution of its general politic;
- collect the proposals concerning the statutory modifications to submit to the IC;
- appoint special Commissions;
- ratify the appointment proposal of two members of the Executive Committee;
- appoint the special delegates from need of representation and development of the international relations;
- decide on the affiliation requests;
- set the authorization taxes for the permission to carry out international matches or competitions, considering the special situations;
- take disciplinary decisions to social Bodies or to the executives of each membership if the statutory rules, regulations or the CBI’s Bodies orderings are violated, Commission discipline scopes reserved;
- perform all the decisions issued by the IC;
- decide on the disputes relating to the interpretation of the statutes and regulations; and on disputes that may arise among affiliated organizations or Federations as well;
- process and draw up financial budgets to submit to the international Congress;
- appoint the member of the Technical and Referee’s Commission (TRC) and the Discipline Commission;
- decide, under proposal and notice of the TRC, the bases, the dates and the modalities for the organization and argument of international championship and events, the modifications of game regulations and technical and organizational regulations as well.
2) It is composed by:
The Deputy President
The General Secretary 9 Members
During the entire period of the mandate, the President of the South American Bowls Confederation in charge and the President of the Confédération Africaine de Raffa Volo in charge will automatically take part of the 9 Executive Council members.
In principle and within the EC all the Continents must be represented.
- Their members are elected by the IC with qualified majority of 2/3 of the present votes.
- The IC may ask the secret vote for the election of the EC, with simple majority decision.
- EC members are in charge for 4 years and they are re-eligible.
- The EC may be convened by the President or by at least 5 members of the EC.
- The EC may deliberate only if at least 2/3 of the votes of its members are expressed on one’s own, to delegation or correspondence.
- The decisions of the EC are taken with simple majority of the expressed votes.
Article no. 8
- Decisions of EC about disciplinary are on behalf on the IC with written appeal within 60 days since the notification of the actions.
- The appeal will be presented to the next meeting of IC or it might be dispatched after had obtained on paper the decisions of the people in charge of the National Federation that are the right to vote to the International Congress.
- The EC is the last and definitive request of appeal against the disciplinary decisions of the Disciplinary Commission.
The written appeal must be proposed within 30 days by the notification of the action.
- The appeals have a suspensive effect.
Article no. 9
The President (PR)
- The President represents CBI and he exerts the tasks and the assignments expected by the Statute.
- The President, heard the opinion of the EC, decides, without appeal on the petitions for reprieve.
- The President can convene anytime the responsible of the Bodies and of the Statutory Commissions to discuss about problems of specific competence.
- The President, the Deputy President, the General Secretary and the 9 members set up the Executive Council, and they have to work jointly.
- The President, the General Secretary and another member of EC or of the Executive Committee sign all the proceedings about the executive and the financial activity.
- The President submits to the approbation of the IC his report on the activity and the technical-referee report.
Article no. 9 bis
The Deputy President (DP)
The Deputy President stands in for the President in the event of his impediment or his absence. On the occasion of this task he has the same powers and the same faculties of the President.
Article no. 9 Third
The Board Meeting (BM)
The President of the CBI is at the head of the Board Meeting that it is composed by: The President of CBI;
The vicarious Deputy President of CBI; The General Secretary of CBI;
2 members proposed by the President of CBI (not necessarily members of the EC).
The BM has the purpose to coordinate the activities of the Commissions and of the Executive Council, to choose and to check the activities of the Delegates and the Commissioners, assigning to them specific directives and functions; to choose and charge the General Administrator and the General Chancellor of the CBI, to fix the special contributions considering the contingent situation of each National Federation and in concert with the Executives of the federations concerned.
Article no. 10
The General Secretary (GS)
- The General Secretary exercises the functions of sport policy, coordinating the activity in any administrative, financial, promotional and advertising field.
In this context he will coordinate the activity of the Commissions, supervise their work, give them the directive and the operative principles, look after the relations with the affiliated Federation and with the organizations, people or authority interested at the spread of our sport.
He will direct the session of the Commissions in which he will participate within the several problems fond to their development.
On the occasion of his competence, he will adopt those initiatives that he find useful to promote the sport and the other purposes of the CBI.
He may avail himself of expert collaborators in the specific activities and he will delegate to them part or all its powers concerning specified tasks.
He will exercise his functions in a tight collaboration with the President of CBI and he will write, if necessary, specific reports for the EC.
- He is elected by the IC, under proposal of the president of CBI, for a period of 4 years and he is always re-eligible.
- He participates to the meetings of the EC or of the Board Meeting with right of vote.
- His charge is incompatible with other charge in another Statutory Bodies and with any elective charge within the affiliated National Federation.
- He responds of his work to the IC.
- The General Secretary sign with the President or with other members of the EC or of the Board Meeting all the confederal acts.
Article no. 10 bis
The General Administrator
- The General Administrator governs the Administrative Secretary that has its own offices.
- He is chosen and charged by the Executive Committee hat he will determine the conditions.
- He participates to the EC and the Board Meeting meetings with right of consultive vote.
- He responds of his work to the BM.
- He exercises his functions in any administrative field and in particular in:
- all the accounting acts;
- collecting of taxes and every other proceeds;
- execution of payment;
- custody of holdings;
- payment of costs:
- keeping of account books;
- keeping financial budget to submit to the EC and to the IC.
- the General Administrator signs the acts with the President or with the General Secretary.
Article no. 10 third
The General Chancellor ( GC)
- The General Chancellor exercises any executive tasks concerning the conduct of the general secretary of the CBI, in a tight collaboration with the General Secretary.
- He is Chosen and charged by the Executive Committee that will determine the conditions.
- He participates to the EC and to the BM meetings with right to consultive vote.
- He responds of his work to the Executive Committee.
- The General Chancellor with the President or with the General Secretary signs the acts.
Article no. 11 (removed)
Article no. 12
The Auditor College (AC)
- The AC carries out CBI admistrative and financial check functions.
- It is composed by a President, 4 effective members and by a substitute. They are elected with simple majority by the IC, they are in charge for 4 years and they are re-eligible.
- The President or a member of AC might participate to the meetings of other statutory Bodies of CBI, with right to consultive vote.
- The charge of AC is incompatible with the function of member of any other Statutory Body of CBI.
- The AC carries out its tasks with administrative, financial and account inspections on all the Statutory Bodies of CBI.
- The AC will write its report to every International Congress; the report will be signed by the President of AC.
Article no. 13
The Technical Referee Commission (TRC)
- The TRC superintend to all the technical and referee activity.
It promotes every initiative that promotes the uniformity of the game regulations in force in the affiliated National Federation and it provide for the formation of the referee organic. It takes all the technical initiatives.
- It is composed by a President, 4 members, named with simple majority by the EC.
- To the TCR are attributed these tasks:
- organize the international manifestations calendar;
- give the permissions for international competitions and contests;
- suggest to the EC the bases, dates and methods for the conduction of the international championship and for the intercontinental events;
- suggest to the EC the changes to the game regulation and to the potential new technical and organizational regulations.
- set up the modalities to obtain the status of qualified referee or director of international competition;
- designate the directors of competitions for the international sport competitions and for international championship.
- submit to the EC the report on its activities.
C TAI members are in charge for four years and they are re- eligible.
Disciplinary Board ( Disc C)
- Disciplinary Board exercises all the disciplinary tasks that are not given to other Statutory Body.
- It is composed by a President ad by four members, named by the Steering Committee.
- Specially it is competent to take all disciplinary decisions towards that players, referees, competition director that are guilty to violation at technical, organizational and sport ethic norms in international and intercontinental competitions.
- Its decision has to be justified. They are susceptible to appeal at the Steering Committee. The written recourse must be presented within 30 days by the notification of the measure and the Steering Committee decision is unapellable.
- The appeal shall have suspensive effect.
- Disciplinary Board takes its decisions by a simple majority. In case of parity, the decision is taken by its President’s vote.
- In case of decisions conecerning a not negative antidoping check, both during a competition both on occasion of spot checks, the Board will be helped by a sport medicine doctor.
Article no. 15
Those whom have the necessary qualifications are eligible and immediately re- eligible in the Statutory Body:
- card member of a National Federation properly affiliated,
- citizens that are of age for the State they belong to;
- citizens that have the electivity requisites according to the Statutes of their nation Federation they belong to.
Article no. 16
- Offices term coincides with Olympic cycle.
- All the international office decline due to the following causes:
- mandate expiry;
- revocation of the mandate by the International Congress under proposal of the National Federation the person concerned belong to.
- unjustified absence to three consecutive meetings, properly convened;
- protective and moral award in his own membership State.
Article no. 16 bis
Members of honour
- Executives or people differed because of special services to CBI may be elected as Members of honour.
- Election proposal can be formulated:
By 1/3 of the National Federation affiliated; By the Steering Committee;
By the Executive Council; Bu the Board Meeting.
It must come to the CBI’s President at least two months before of the following International Congress.
- The election will be confirmed if, in the vote place, the favourable votes expressed by the IC reach at least 2/3 of the overall expressed votes.
- The honour members, if they have already took part of a CBI’s Statutory Body, they can participate to the meetings of the Executive Council, of the Board Meeting, and of the International Congress, with right to advisory capacity.
Article no. 17
National Federation affiliated
CBI’s National affiliated Federation must:
- respect and enforce the Statute, regulations, measures and the resolutions of the international competent statutory Body of what concern the international competitive sport,
- execute the international competitive sport according to the prescriptions of the competent CBI’s statutory Body;
- take care that their own players wear the uniform established for each competition or international manifestations;
- perform precisely the administrative and financial duties established by statutory regulations and by decisions of the competent international statutory Body;
- inform CBI promptly about every change or modifications that occur within their own National Federation in case that these should have repercussions with international nature.
Article no. 18 Players
- There are qualified to carry out international activity in the category of affiliation, all players are properly cardholder of the affiliated National Federation.
- the qualified players must:
- behave themselves sportingly in each international manifestation, they must exactly respect all the regulations in force;
- do not participate at international manifestations of all kinds that have not been authorized by the CBI;
- wear the regulation uniform;
- an impeccable behaviour towards to opponents, referees, Competition Directors and to the spectators;
- Players that should have an incompatible behaviour with an amateur spirit of the CBI, they will be not allowed to international competitions and
manifestations. At the right time they will be signalled to the competent National Federation for the adoption of the respective disciplinary measures.
Article no. 18 bis
The up-to-date measures of the antidoping world code are integrally enforced to all people and to all competitions subjected to the CBI authorities. A special regulations called “CBI regulations concerning doping fighting”, makes obligatory rules, regulations and programs meet to the World Antidoping Code respecting the models of a good practice elaborated by the World Antidoping Agency.
CBI provides for create the new needed commissions apt for the control and for the rule of the Antidoping World Agency.
Article no. 19
Infraction to the duties contemplated in the articles 17 and 18 of the present Statute, are subjected to disciplinary measures that can arrived until the exclusion of the interested National Federation by the CBI.
Article no. 20
Balance sheets are developed by the Steering Committee and they are submitted to the International Congress. The EC can delegate the process of the balance sheets to the General Administrator.
Article no. 21
The property is constituted by:
- movable property necessary for the achievement of the pursued aims, that are or will become of its property;
- amounts that come from disposal of property that not have destination bonds;
- capital interests;
- any possible immovable properties and their relatives incomes.
Article no. 22
The receipts are constituted by:
- affiliation share of the Federations;
- clearance shares for international competitions;
- the necessary contributions for the CBI good function;
- any other sources of income.
CBI’S DISSOLUTION AND LIQUIDATION
Article no. 23
CBI dissolution is deliberated by the International Congress, if there are the following conditions:
- the dissolution proposal has been inserted in the Agenda at the request of the EC or by the 2/3 of the affiliated Federations;
- 2/3 of people that have the right to vote, are present- directly or by delegation ( article no 6, paragraph no 3)- to the meeting of the I,C that must deliberate on the CBI dissolution;
- dissolution proposal obtain the majority of the 2/3 of the vote expressed.
Article no. 24
Once determined the dissolution of the Article no 23 of the present Statute, The CI appoints, with simple majority of the people that have the right to vote, a
Commission for the CBI liquidation composed by three until five members. This Commission have to provide for the sharing of the assets and liabilities among the affiliated National Federations.
STATUTORY MODIFICATIONS – ENFORCEBILITY
Article no. 25
- The present Statute can be modified, by prompt written proposal presented to the BM by a affiliated National Federation, by a member of the EC or by a member of the EC, to every following IC meetings, provided that the proposal presented to the EC is registered on the Agenda.
- The Steering Committee can decide at its discretion to put to the vote statutory modifications foreseen in the IC Agenda.
- The modification of the present Statute is valid if it is approved by the majority of the 2/3 of the expressed votes.
Article no. 26
The present Statute becomes executive at the moment of its approval by the IC. It becomes law for each CBI Statutory Body and for all the affiliated National Federations. The EC will enact an execution rule of the present Statute.
The present Statute is approved by the IC of Chiasso, Suisse, on September 4 1983, with following modifications approved by the IC of Milan, Italy, on September 7, 1985, by the IC of Buenos Aires, Argentina, on November 26/29 1987, by the IC of Lugano, Suisse, on September 17 1991 and by the IC of San Marino, Republic of San Marino, on September 25, 1997, by the IC of Giulianova Lido, Italy, on October 1 1998, by the IC of Queven, France on July 26, 2001, by the IC of Mendrisio, Suisse, on September 17, 2003 and by the IC of Orion, Detroit, on September 22, 2005.